Organs or the body
Donation is an altruistic act by which a person expresses his or her wish that, from the time of death, any part of the body that may be suitable for transplant may be used to help other people.
In Catalonia, the organization responsible for donations and transplants is the OCATT, Catalan Transplant Organization. If you wish to contact them, please phone 93 339 83 03 for information.
Donating the body to science
Donating the body to science is a voluntary and altruistic act by means of which a person leaves his or her body after death for teaching and research purposes in the area of Human Anatomy and Medicine.
For additional information on how to donate your body to science, please contact the following medical schools:
- Medical School at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (93 581 18 73).
- Medical School at the University of Barcelona. Clinical and Provincial Hospital of Barcelona (93 402 19 00).
- Medical School at the University of Barcelona. Bellvitge University Hospital (93 403 57 30).
- International University of Catalonia. Human Body Structure and Function Area (93 504 20 00).
- Medical School at the Universitat Rovira i Virgili of Tarragona (977 75 93 29).
- Medical School at Universitat de Lleida (973 70 22 90).
- Medical School at Universitat de Girona (972 41 96 38).